About the role
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our R&D team.
Our R&D-team is using a broad range of advanced technologies creating everything from desktop applications to great online service experiences. With a history of being a high-quality desktop application software studio and now transforming to a modern music service company - data is of ever-increasing importance.
This is a chance to be part of building up a great team responsible for data flows at Reason Studios.
In this role, you will work closely with people from all departments including R&D, Product, Marketing, Customer Success and Finance. You will assist initiatives to drive traffic, explore new opportunities, and analyze effects of previous work - all focused on creating the best possible experience in music creation. This is a chance to improve your development skills, but also to learn about modern music making.
- Transforming ideas to concrete data flows - assisting other functions in Reason Studios with necessary data - for data discovery, financial analysis etc.
- Find and extract relevant data in production systems.
- Design well-structured data formats for others to consume, in cooperation with other developers, product managers, financial, customer success, marketing.
- Implementing requested data flows by writing well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices.
- Maintain and improve overall architecture of data flow systems.
- Use relevant monitoring for detecting errors.
- Debug and fix existing code.
- Review others code.
- have previous experience as a Data Engineer or comparable positions.
- have experience with SQL (Postgres, MYSQL).
- have experience in some or all of the following technologies: AWS, Python, Matillion, Terraform.
- be curious about new technologies and use them to make real improvements.
- strive for maintaining a good structure in all of your work.
- always pay attention to details.
If you love writing SQL queries as well as cooperating with those who don’t - we like to meet you!
How we work
We are passionate about music. Our office and Slack are often buzzing with discussions about beats, tunes and music making. Ever so often you will see somebody cranking out tunes in our own music studio.
Our passion for music also means we have a close relationship with our users and regularly interact with musicians and producers world-wide. We want to make it easier for them to make great music.
We are respected in the industry, but still a small, yet independent team. This means that you instantly become an important part in our mission to reimagine the music industry. We know what sparks innovation, and therefore we have many means of letting our employees explore new routes, work on a solution they are excited about if you are restless for new ideas, we’re ready to take you where you want to go—and beyond.