At Reason Studios we’re turning the world’s music dreamers into music makers and inspiring them to keep making. As creators of the Reason platform of instruments, plugins, music production software and apps, we’ve inspired millions of users all over the world to get lost in the fun of serious music making—whether making their first beats, producing the next hit song, crafting their own sound or just playing around.
About the Role
As our CTO, you manage and develop the R&D department, responsible for all product and service development. You will lead the development of our entire commercial platform and core products. Our commercial platform includes a custom e-commerce shop, CMS, CRM systems, BI and authorization servers.
Our core products are complex and technical with specialized DSP code, on the bleeding edge of what can be done musically on a modern laptop or desktop. As CTO, you are a valuable member of Reason Studios’ executive team together with the other department heads and our CEO.
Who We are Looking For
We are looking for a talented, experienced, and passionate CTO to lead our world-class R&D team to continue developing new products and services.
The right candidate is action oriented, self-starting with a natural curiosity for technology. You have strong people management skills and a proven background in leading engineering teams.
You own the high-level strategical technology roadmap for our products and services to ensure short- and long-term viability of our offerings, but you are also a hands-on person and not shy about digging in when needed.
- Own and drive the development of the R&D organization
- Provide the long-term strategic technology vision to ensure we reach our business goals
- Work closely together with the Chief Experience Officer to prioritize development and set challenging but achievable development goals for the R&D team
- Set up operations for success to ensure the availability of our services
- Identify technology opportunities we can leverage in our products
- Implement and follow up on R&D KPIs
- Previous experience as a development manager. As you have group managers to support you, having experience managing managers is a plus.
- Commercial mindset and an understanding of how our R&D efforts contribute to our company goals
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Curiosity about technology trends
- Get stuff done mentality
To effectively manage the technology roadmap, you are familiar with:
- Modern cloud backend architecture and infrastructure
- Devops and running high availability backend systems
- Desktop application architecture
- Bonus points for real-time computing, cross platform development, distributed build systems, DSP, and ML.